Leather stamp + Temperature adjustable iron + foil
A high quality leather stamp reveals the work and detail that goes into your handmade products. We understand the importance of detail when it comes to craftsmanship. Therefore, all of our stamps are made-to-order. They are personalized to meet your specific requirements and we make sure to fulfill all of your expectations.
/What is this/
This listing includes ONE custom-made brass leather stamp with a screw, ONE temperature-adjustable soldering iron and ONE optional Foil roll in 120m.
The stamp can be used in multiple ways. The first: as an embosser by hammering. The second: as a heat embosser by using a soldering iron. The third: as a foil stamp by using the soldering iron.
The temperature-adjustable soldering iron give leatherworkers the perfect package to begin foil stamping their projects. As foil paper can only stand heat up to 250℃, it requires an iron that can maintain the right temperature. This kit provides just that. Additionally, the soldering iron performs incredibly as a heat embosser for veg-tanned leather (400℃ - 450℃.) This package is multi-functional and provides the user with unlimited options for stamping their leatherwork with a custom design.
Leather Stamp Material: Brass
Stamp thickness: 8mm
Screw size: 5mm
Engraving Depth: 2.5mm - 3mm
Dimensions: Within 30mm x 30mm
Temperature Adjustable Soldering iron:
110V 60W, compatible with 5mm screw size
220V 60W, compatible with 5mm screw size
Temperature: 200℃ - 450℃
Foil (Optional) Add $15
120 meter long piece of foil
Available in gold, silver, and pink. Please specify foil color during checkout.
1) For heat embossing and foil stamping with soldering iron, suggested stamp size is 30mm x 30mm or below. This is because the heat generated from a 60w home soldering iron is not adequate for larger stamps. 2) Stamp quality may vary depending on materials and technique.
/How to use/
For heat embossing
1) Remove the metal tip of the soldering iron
2) Install the stamp by screwing it into the soldering iron
3) Heat up the soldering iron to the operating temperature for about 10-15 minutes
4) Emboss on a dry leather surface and release
5) Let stamp cool down for 15 mins before removing it from the soldering iron.
For foil stamping
1) Remove the metal tip of the soldering iron
2) Install the stamp with the screw to the soldering iron
3) Heat up the soldering iron to operating temperature (250℃), for about 10-15 minutes
4) Cut out foil with suitable size and place it on a dry leather surface, shiny surface face out
5) Stamp on the foil for around 10 seconds
6) Leave it cool down for 15mins before removing the stamp out
For embossing with hammering
1) Moisten the leather surface where you are going to emboss.
2) For better results, install our rod handle.
3) Hammer it evenly for a clear and detailed imprint
The listing picture is a piece of vegetable-tanned leather (the most commonly recommended type of leather for custom leatherwork). We pressed the stamp for 3 seconds to create the pictured effect.
For the listing picture of foil stamping, we used a piece of vegetable-tanned leather and pressed the stamp for around 10 seconds with the foil. The soldering iron used in the picture was a 60w temperature-adjustable unit set a constant temp of 250℃.
/How To Proceed the Order/
1) Select the right screw size and stamp size
2) Add to your shopping cart
3) Proceed to check out
4) Send us a design in a vector format e.g. .ai / .eps / .pdf OR high resolution .jpg / .tif / .psd to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
5) We will get back to you shortly with a draft that requires your approval
6) Comment / Confirm the draft and the order details
7) We will promptly start production of your custom made product!
Monday is our cut-off day for all orders. If we receive an order before 9:00 am US Time we will ship it over the coming weekend. Orders after 9:00 am Monday will be shipped the following weekend. Fedex and speedpost is also available for urgent orders.
1)How do I know if the soldering iron is suitable for the stamp?
Makesure it has a removable metal tip and the diameter of the screw before placingan order.
2)Can I have a stamp larger than 30mm * 30mm?
Yes,but we don't suggested it to go with this iron because thesoldering iron may not be able to maintain the high temperature throughout thelarge area
3)For stamp size larger than 30mm * 30mm, we now offer a stronger soldering ironthat suit your needs.
4)Why there is some white smoke and bad smell coming when I start usingthe soldering iron?
Thatwas normal because of the high temperature, please be reminded to keep awayfrom children.
5)I just need the stamp and screw only, do you sell them separately?
6)I couldn't find the screw diameter for the soldering iron, do you also sellthem as well?
7)Any leather stamp for a pressed effect with hammer or mallet?
8)I want the soldering iron and the handle together for both effects.
9)I want foil stamping with my custom made logo.